Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Almost pregnant

Okay, so I'm realizing that I probably should have started this blog a few weeks ago because I already have so much to say. Mike keeps looking over my shoulder and suggesting that maybe I could do some editing, but I think most of you are sitting at work right now happy to have a little distraction and saying to yourselves, "Oh, I wonder what Jeni wrote on her blog today!" Maybe that's just my ego, but to be honest, pregnancy is a great time to be a little egotistical. I highly recommend it.

Anyway, let me talk to you about pregnancy tests for a minute. If there is one thing I've learned from this whole experience it is this: buy the expensive one! On July 14th, the day before I was supposed to get my period, I took a test and it was negative. I spent the rest of the day moping around my house, declaring to my entire family that I was barren and that Mike and I may as well just get on the next flight to Cambodia or wherever and just do it like the celebrities. My mother suggested that perhaps I was being a little dramatic and that maybe I should retest before booking my flight and calling the orphanages. I reluctantly agreed.

The next day, I took two more tests and luckily there were two pink lines. Unfortuantely, one was really, really light. "What the hell does that mean?" I screamed allowed, cursing the gods, and my mother replied, "I guess you're almost pregnant."

Finally, I went to CVS and bought the digital test. No pink lines to confuse me, just a digital read out that would announce "pregnant" or "not pregnant." It cost twenty dollars, but it was worth it. I went to my cousin Kristy's house and peed on my fourth stick in two days. While I played with my godson, Jacob, Kristy peeked in and saw the unmistakable word "pregnant" looking back at her. Kristy, therefore, will always have the distinction of truly being the first person to know that I was pregnant.

Bottom line: Buy the good test the first time.

1 comment:

  1. this blog is too freakin cute! are you gonna post photos on it?

    ReplyDelete