Wednesday, September 30, 2009

To sleep or not to sleep

I guess I spoke too soon when I said that my pregnancy has been really easy so far. I finally have an issue. It has to do with sleeping. See, the problem is that I am a stomach sleeper. Well, I'm sort of a half stomach, half side sleeper, I guess. You know the position you'd be in if you just dove to bump a volleyball, with one leg straight and one leg bent? I know a few of you "theesians" will know what I mean. Anyway, now that I am in my second trimester I'm not supposed to sleep on my stomach or my back, which only leaves the dreaded side. To make matters worse, I'm supposed to sleep on my left side! How particular can you get. Maybe some weirdos think that is a comfortable way to sleep, but I don't. I must be doing something wrong, because I wake up with acheing hips every morning, and believe me, my hips ain't boney. So, can someone please tell me how to sleep comfortably when pregnant? I await your responses.

1 comment:

  1. Did you try putting a pillow between your legs? That might help :-)

    ReplyDelete